Sunday 18 December 2016

Myself Working as a Waitress



          I was really determine to get a job after SPM. I want to learn the hardships of making money and be much closer to public. Why? Because I was from a boarding school. So, I didn't get enough exposure on how the outside world works and behave. So, I put much effort in securing a job and that effort ends when a cafe called me to inform that I successfully appointed as a waitress there. I was really glad and cannot wait to start the my first day of working.

          The first day is quite tough for me in the sense of adapting with the environment. This is because most of the employees were from Kelantan and I am not clear enough their dialect. However as time goes by, I can understand well. Another thing is how other employees looked the freshies. It feels like I did wrong and feeling downgraded. To conclude, my existence there is not welcoming. Everytime I feel down, I'll try to remember my real intentions of getting a job, which is to learn the real meaning of hardships and to know people well. 

          When the time flies, I got adapted well with the environment and also the other employees. There were all kind but only during the beginning is when the seniority plays role. It's just the same when I was in boarding school. Seniority takes place everywhere. I'm not offending the culture because seniority will teach the youth how to respect elders. However, if the seniority hinder any new or fresh ideas from the youth then only I disagree this kind of seniority concept. 

          All in all, I love the working experience that I had eventhough truth to be told the income is quite small. Always remember, ask yourself what is your initial intention when doing something. 

TheSwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment